A Whitefriars golden amber water jug and 6 hi-ball glasses.
Britain’s longest running glass house, best known as the Whitefriars factory, was purchased by James Powell for his three sons in 1834. It subsequently led fashion and technology in the manufacture of domestic glass for a century and a half. Designers at Whitefriars during the 20's, 30's and 40's were Arthur Marriott Powell, William Butler, Barnaby Powell, William Wilson, and James Hogan. In 1954 Geoffrey Baxter joined the design team, and launched his very successful textured glass range in 1967, which included bark vases, the banjo vase, and of course the drunken bricklayer vase. The Whitefriars factory closed in 1980.